Sunday, August 3, 2014

Block Swap

I've signed up again! (I need therapy)......(no, wait....sewing is therapy!)

After being disappointed in so many swaps and telling myself that I will never do it again, last week I signed up for another one. This time the swap is for Christmas themed blocks.

My swap partner for this month Jen, requested a log cabin block, red on one side, green on the other with a center of gold. After ping-ponging a couple of emails, we decided to swap not one, but two blocks. Here are the two blocks I am sending to her. The left one, a little more scrappy and the right one, a little more formal using one red fabric and one green fabric. I hope she likes them.
After finishing up Jen's blocks, I decided to make a couple of blocks for myself. I was thinking that my next swap partner could check my blog and that would give them a better idea of what I'm going for. I reached into the scrap box and pulled out some of my all time favorite fabrics by Nancy Halvorsen and here's what I made for myself.
The left block is a broken star and you might recognize the one on the right as the design next to my profile filling in as  my photo.

For those of you reading my book and asking for chapter 2, here it is.


1 comment:

  1. Haven't seen the Broken Star block before. very interesting.

    ReplyDelete