Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Baby Girl arriving SOON!

As mentioned in my last post, several friends are having babies or grandchildren. The first one scheduled to arrive, should be here within the next two weeks. Both mom & dad, along with grandma are counting down. Dad painted the bedroom a unique color of what I would call "periwinkle-lavender." It's a beautiful color, but you know I'm never going to be able to match fabric to that exact color. My plan became "pastels" and I found a grey fabric that had a shimmering fiber for the border. (Hey, after all, a girl, no matter what age, has to have some BLING.) Off to the sewing room, fabric flying, rotary cutter spinning and putting the petal to the metal, I finished with plenty of time to spare. Fresh out of the washer and dryer, I can't wait to place it into the gift bag and send it off to it's new home. (85) Doesn't this scream BABY?

For the backing, I couldn't resist. The "daddy to be" has a salt water aquarium. With "nemo" fabric, my plan was complete.
The quilting design is an all-over or edge-to-edge stipple pattern and the batting is polyester.
'Fancy Forest' by Elizabeth Hartman is the quilt pattern.
Next post will be another baby quilt. They just keep coming.......

1 comment:

  1. Mom, Grandma, and Dad love the quilt. I sure baby girl is going to love it too. Thanks Vickie!!!

    ReplyDelete