Sunday, January 6, 2019

Last Completed Quilt of 2018

Back in the summer when my "Swell Christmas" box arrived, I opened it immediately and got to sewing. The instructions called for the log cabin logs to be 2-1/2", which after completing just 1 block, was HUGE. I didn't like the look. Everything went back into the box, placed on the shelf, destined to become a UFO or PhD.

Toward the end of July/beginning of August, Thelma of  Cupcakes 'n Daisies, posted her rendition of this quilt. I loved how it looked. She cut the log cabin strips at 2-1/4", and instead of making 20 blocks (4x5), she made 30 blocks (5x6).

The box came off the shelf, the "completed" block was ripped apart and I got busy. The quilt was finished in time for Christmas (94) and measures 72x60. This was my last completion of 2018---Thanks to Thelma.
This quilt needs a home. OK, family and friends, speak now or forever hold your peace.
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment