Sunday, December 6, 2015

My 1, 2, 3 Quilt

Here is my 1, 2, 3 quilt. What makes it one, two, three you ask? To piece this top, it takes one jelly roll, two yards of background fabric and three weekends to complete. Not much time, however, I do have a few tricks.
Most of the commercial patterns for similar designs call for drawing a line across a square, sewing on the line and then cutting, thus wasting a portion of fabric. I have devised a way which does not waste any fabric and I do not use any paper guides. (Time spent ripping off paper is also not productive.)


Fabric has gotten so expensive and sewing time is often fleeting. The next time you start a new project, take a look at the pattern and the directions. See if you can find a way to save both.
Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment